I found this great article on how to use a light meter. I bought one for about 5US$ at a local Antique store. You can also come across great finds at local estate and garage sales. Happy hunting!
- Two dials Light Meter: one for ISO and aperture and another one for shutter speed allow settings to be made.
- Accurate light measurement： The current exposure status is displayed by the indicator light. The left and right dials can modify the parameters, which resemble the Manual mode of camera.
- Compact and lightWeights only 35g：Aluminum anodizing body , High quality metal with a weightof 35g . ( The battery is not included)
- Cold shoe mount, compatible with various camera: Suitable for any model of camera, also can mesure by hand hold.
- Double energy savingcontinuous metering for 60 hours: 1. 10 seconds without operationthe: The light will shut down automatically, and wake up by any touch; 2. 60 seconds without operationthe: the machine switch to sleep mode , click the metering buttonto awake.
Enjoy this article.